Welcome to the Xu group at The University of Georgia
The Xu research lab develops and applies highly-integrated
SPM-based technologies to study single molecule electronic, mechanical, and
interaction properties, establishing the molecular structure-function
relationships and how environmental factors contribute to such properties.
- Cunlan & Kun's Nature Chemistry published online ( link.) Congratulations!
The world smallest diode out of DNA is beautifully demosntrated
and it has been generating the press highlighting this work around the
world (too many!!!).
- Yanan's paper published by Biotechnol. Biofuels, great job!
- Kun's PCCP paper published!
- Bin's J. Chem. Phys. paper published, Congratulations!
- Ourcollaborated paper JPCB published!
- Our collaborated RSC Adv. paper published. Great job Tong & Yangang!
- Zhichao's Colloids Surf., B paper published! Congratulations!
- Dr. Xu's invited topical review paper published on JPCM!
- Bin succesfully defended his PhD, Congratulations, Dr. Wang!
- Cunlan's PCCP paper published!
- Kun was awarded the prestigeous Sean M. Kirkpatrick Award for Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Research! Congratulations!
- Bin's ChemComm paper published!
- Ourcollaborated JACS paper published!
- Bin's PCCP paper published!
- Kun's paper accepted by JACS Congrats!
- Kun's book chapter accepted for the book Molecular Electronics: An Experimental and Theoretical Approach, Congrats!
- Bin's paper accepted by Phys.Chem.Chem.Phys. Congrats!. Congrats!
- Kun's J. Chem. Phys. paper published online. Congrats!
- Mengmeng succesfully defended her PhD, CONGRATULATIONS, Dr. Zhang
- JOE succesfully defended his MS thesis, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
- Kun's paper accepted by Faraday Discuss. Congrats!
- Kun's paper accepted by Chemi. Sci. Congrats!
- Bin's APL paper published online. Congrats!
- Joe's paper accepted by Reports in Electrochemistry, Congrats!
- Joe's paper published by Nanoscale, Congrats!
- Our collaborated work accepted by Biotechnol. Bioeng.!
- Bin's PRE paper published. Congrats!
- Our collaborated work published by Chem. Sci. well done, Cunlan!
- Our collaborated work accepted by Chem. Sci. Congratulations, Cunlan!
- The book chapter for ACS Symposium Series published,Congratulations, Guojun! Best luck in your present job!
- Jianfeng & Cunlan's Nanoscale paper published as Advanced Artticle. Congrats!
- Mengmeng's was awarded first place in Excellence in Poster Presentation,2013 BSRI Retreat. Congrats!
- Mengmeng's PCCP paper published, Congrats!
- Cunlan's ChemComm paper published, Congrats!
- Joe Hamill joined the group and
we have added another physicist, welcome!
new NSF ECCS grant awarded to Dr. Xu for the proposal to study
mechanism of DNA molecular structure-dependent conductance behaviors.
- Mengmeng's JPCB paper accepted, Congrats!
was awarded 2012 Innovative and Interdisciplinary Resaerch Grant by UGA
Graduate School! Congratulations and keep the good work!
- Our collaborated work with Dr. Rich Dluhy published in Anal. Chem. Thank all for the hard work and comgratulations!
- Bin's JPCB paper published, Congrats!
Chem. Eur. J paper collabrated with Dr. Geert-Jan Boons research group was
in print! Congrats to all!
ChemComm paper published with a Backcover Highlight, Congrats!
Chem. Sov. Rev. paper published.
J. Phys. Condens. Matt. Paper accepted for publication.
- Bin's ChemComm paper accepted for
- A review paper on graphene where Dr. Xu is one
of the authors was accepted for publication in Chemical Society
- Jianfeng's APL paper selected for the
August 1, 2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research,
- Jianfeng started his new career as Associate
Professor in Baihang University, China. Good Job!
- Guojun is now NRC Postdoc fellow at US Army
Institute of Surgical Research. keep the excellent research!
- Dr. Xu was awarded a one-year EAGER grant from
the National Science Foundation to develop novel technology to directly
detect lignocellulose component comformation and distribution, thereby
overcoming the long-standing technical difficulties in realizng the
dynaimics of lignocellulosic components during the enzymatic hydrolysis.
The EAGER program (EArly-concept Grants for Exploratory Research) supports
high-risk, exploratory and potentially transformative research.
APL paper published ASAP. Congrats!
successfully denfended his PhD thesis! Congrats Dr. Chen!
Cunlan Guo from Purdue joined our group. Welcome!
collaborated research paper published ASAP in Nuceic Acid Res. Congrats!
- Guojun’s Chem.
Eur. J. paper published with a frontipiece highlight! Congrats!
successfully denfended his PhD thesis! Congrats Dr. Jianfeng Zhou!
- Jianfeng's Recent
Patents on DNA & Gene Sequences paper accepted. Congrats!
- Guojun’s Chem.
Eur. J. paper now in press. Congratulations!
JNN paper now in press. Congratulations!
JPCC paper published. Congratulations!
- Jon Takes Another Gold: Jon received first place award for his poster
presentation 17th Annual Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for
Minority Participation (FGLSAMP) Research Expo 2010 on February 26-28th at
University of South Florida. Florida-Georgia LSAMP is a National Science
Foundation (NSF) sponsored program with the mission to significantly
increase the number of underrepresented minorities pursuing degrees in
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- Fan’s IEEE Sensors Journal paper published,
- Guojun’s ChemPhysChem paper published,
- Yolanda (Mengmeng) Zhang joined the group and
we have another chemist, welcome!
ChemPhysChem paper published online. Congratulations!
Jones won 1st in Abstract Poster Presentation and 4th in Oral Poster
Presentation in the 4th Annual Fall NSF National Symposium and Research
JACS paper published. Congratulations!
APL paper published. Well done!
aboard, Bin Wang, our newest member!
Langmuir paper published. Congratulations!
IEEE Sensors Journal paper accepted for publication, congratulations!