| GROUP NEWS|2016-2017
- Our collaborated paper accepted by JACS, Congratulations to Alex and Tong!
- Our paper "Label-free biosensing
of Salmonella enterica serovars at single-cell level" published by Nanobiotechnology, Kudos to Bin!
- Our collaborated paper accepted by Nature Communications, Congratulations to Kun, Tong & Mingyu!
- Our invited review paper for Top. Curr. Chem. published, Congratulations to Kun!
- Our collbaorator, Dr. Andrea Vezzoli from University of Liverpool visited the lab for one busy week, doing experiments with us.
- Kun succesfully defended his PhD, Congratulations, Dr.
- Our Nat. Chem. paper on single DNA rectififier ha been highlighted in over 60 media news, (e.g. UGA Today, Nature Chemistry Article Metrix Highlights,3nd on the top 10 list of 2016 Nat. Chem., You Tube)
- Kun was awarded the MRS Graduate student Silver Award at the MRS 2016 Fall Meeting (more), cogratrulations!!
- Kun was awarded the UGA Innovative and Interdisciplinary Research Award, great job!
- Kun was awarded the Sean M. Kirkpatrick Award for Outstanding graduate Research, Congratulations!!
- Cunlan and Kun's Nature Chemistry paper published ( link) Congratulations!
The world smallest diode out of DNA is beautifully demosntrated
and it has been generating the press highlighting this work around the
- Yanan's paper published by Biotechnol. Biofuels, great job!
- Kun's PCCP paper published!
- Bin's J. Chem. Phys. paper published, Congratulations!
- Ourcollaborated paper JPCB published!
- Our collaborated RSC Adv. paper published. Great job Tong & Yangang
- Zhichao's Colloids Surf., B paper
- Dr. Xu's invited topical review paper published on
- Bin succesfully defended his PhD, Congratulations, Dr.
- Cunlan's PCCP paper published!
- Kun was awarded the prestigeous Sean M. Kirkpatrick
Award for Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Research! Congratulations!
- Bin's ChemComm paper published!
- Ourcollaborated JACS paper published!
- Bin's PCCP paper published!
- Kun's paper accepted by JACS Congrats!
- Kun's book chapter accepted for the book Molecular Electronics: An Experimental and
- Bin's paper accepted by Phys.Chem.Chem.Phys. Congrats!.
- Kun's J. Chem. Phys. paper published
- Mengmeng succesfully defended her PhD, CONGRATULATIONS,
- JOE succesfully defended his MS thesis,
- Kun's paper accepted by Faraday Discuss. Congrats!
- Kun's paper accepted by Chemi. Sci. Congrats!
- Bin's APL paper published online.
- Joe's paper accepted by Reports in
- Joe's paper published by Nanoscale,
- Our collaborated work accepted by Biotechnol.
- Bin's PRE paper published. Congrats!
- Our collaborated work published by Chem.
Sci. well done, Cunlan!
- Our collaborated work accepted by Chem.
Sci. Congratulations, Cunlan!
- The book chapter for ACS
Symposium Series published,Congratulations, Guojun! Best luck in
your present job!
& Cunlan's Nanoscale paper published as Advanced Artticle. Congrats!
- Mengmeng's was awarded first place in Excellence in
Poster Presentation,2013 BSRI Retreat. Congrats!
- Mengmeng's PCCP paper published, Congrats!
- Cunlan's ChemComm paper published, Congrats!
- Joe Hamill joined the group and we have added another
- A new NSF ECCS grant awarded to Dr. Xu for the proposal
to study mechanism of DNA molecular structure-dependent conductance
- Mengmeng's JPCB paper accepted, Congrats!
- Bin was awarded 2012 Innovative and Interdisciplinary
Resaerch Grant by UGA Graduate School! Congratulations and keep the good
- Our collaborated work with Dr. Rich Dluhy published in
Anal. Chem. Thank all for the hard work and comgratulations!
- Bin's JPCB paper published, Congrats!
- Our Chem. Eur. J paper collabrated with Dr. Geert-Jan
Boons research group was in print! Congrats to all!
- Bin's ChemComm paper published
with a Backcover Highlight, Congrats!
- The Chem. Sov. Rev. paper
- Jianfeng's J. Phys. Condens.
Matt. Paper accepted for publication.
- Bin's ChemComm paper accepted for publication,
- A review paper on graphene where Dr. Xu is one of the
authors was accepted for publication in Chemical Society
- Jianfeng's APL paper selected for the August 1,
2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research, Congrats!
- Jianfeng started his new career as Associate Professor
in Baihang University, China. Good Job!
- Guojun is now NRC Postdoc fellow at US Army Institute
of Surgical Research. keep the excellent research!
- Dr. Xu was awarded a one-year EAGER grant from the
National Science Foundation to develop novel technology to directly detect
lignocellulose component comformation and distribution, thereby overcoming
the long-standing technical difficulties in realizng the dynaimics of
lignocellulosic components during the enzymatic hydrolysis. The EAGER
program (EArly-concept Grants for Exploratory Research) supports
high-risk, exploratory and potentially transformative research.
- Jianfeng's APL paper published ASAP. Congrats!
- Guojun successfully denfended his PhD thesis! Congrats
- Dr Cunlan Guo from Purdue
joined our group. Welcome!
- Our collaborated research paper
published ASAP in Nuceic Acid Res. Congrats!
- Guojun’s Chem. Eur. J.
paper published with a frontipiece highlight! Congrats!
- Jianfeng successfully denfended
his PhD thesis! Congrats Dr. Jianfeng Zhou!
- Jianfeng's Recent Patents
on DNA & Gene Sequences paper accepted. Congrats!
- Guojun’s Chem. Eur.
J. paper now in press. Congratulations!
- Guojun’s JNN paper now in
- Jianfeng’s JPCC paper
- Jon Takes Another Gold: Jon received first place award for his poster
presentation 17th Annual Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for
Minority Participation (FGLSAMP) Research Expo 2010 on February 26-28th at
University of South Florida. Florida-Georgia LSAMP is a National Science
Foundation (NSF) sponsored program with the mission to significantly
increase the number of underrepresented minorities pursuing degrees in
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- Fan’s IEEE Sensors Journal
paper published, congratulations!
- Guojun’s ChemPhysChem paper published, Congratulations!
- Yolanda (Mengmeng) Zhang joined the group and we have
another chemist, welcome!
- Guojun’s ChemPhysChem paper published online.
- Jonathan Jones won 1st in Abstract Poster Presentation
and 4th in Oral Poster Presentation in the 4th Annual Fall NSF National
Symposium and Research Conference. Congratulations!
- Jianfeng’s JACS paper published. Congratulations!
- Guojun’s APL paper published. Well done!
- Welcome aboard, Bin Wang, our newest member!
- Guojun’s Langmuir paper published. Congratulations!
- Fan’s IEEE Sensors Journal paper accepted for